SR-52 card reader wheel
03-12-2021, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2021 05:55 PM by jebem.)
RE: SR-52 card reader wheel
Hi, Alberto,

Thanks for your kind words.
Meanwhile my father passed away on 8-March.

Coming to your thread point, I found some old files in my new laptop related to some information made available by our fellow member Etienne and by Froggy as well.

Some of the Etienne information is still available on his website here:
http://etiennevictoria.com/Sr52_wheel/

I am attaching some draft documents collected from Etienne and Froggy information that was publicly available at the time by the authors, related to the card reader rebuild.
If this violate any rules in this forum, I am sure an Admin will let me know and I will promptly remove it from my post.

Alberto, the SR52 troubleshooting guide contains information on how to calibrate the card reader, but we should not follow that information by the letter, as there are so many calculator variants and I suspect that the manual covers only part of it.

I am sorry for not being able to help you on specifics but as I am currently away from home and to be honest I am also a bit disconnected from this hobby as well, although I keep following all the other members publications.

Good luck and please keep sharing your findings and pictures. I am sure this information will be valuable and appreciated by others as well.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Repairing the SR-52 card reader wheel - Etienne.pdf (Size: 238.76 KB / Downloads: 18)
.pdf  Rebuilding Hp-85 9815 9825 capstan Etienne.pdf (Size: 446.78 KB / Downloads: 14)
.pdf  Repairing the SR-52 card reader wheel - Froggysoft .pdf (Size: 266.01 KB / Downloads: 26)
.pdf  Etienne SR52 card reader details.pdf (Size: 264.44 KB / Downloads: 18)

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SR-52 card reader wheel - albertofenini - 02-21-2021, 09:24 PM
RE: SR-52 card reader wheel - jebem - 03-12-2021 05:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)