SR-52 card reader wheel
03-01-2021, 10:01 AM
RE: SR-52 card reader wheel
Hi Klaus

could you please do me a favor ?

In the picture with the Post-it I can almost see how the magnetic head and the card
reader switch and motor are connected to the pcb

this version is different from the one I'm restoring but I also have two units
like this one in the picture

would it be possible to have a picture where all the cables can be seen ?

thank you very much !!!!

(02-25-2021 08:12 AM)Klaus Overhage Wrote:  Your work with the silicone tubing looks very promising. I have not replaced the soft pad. I have an SR-52 with a black roller that has become sticky and is leaving marks on the cards. I suppose this could be an old original.

The calculator with the green roller can easily read the old cards in the software packages and it is often successful at writing. I think it is a replacement role built in by a company at the time.

When I was looking for rubber disks from which I can make replacement rolls, I came across the rubber feet of my table-top fan. The fourth photo shows below such a foot and the built-in roller that was made from it with the help of smear paper and a small drill.

Because the cards were drawn in slowly and with difficulty, three layers of yellow Postit serve as spacers at certain points. So this SR-52 can read cards again without any problems.

In your two videos, the cards are drawn in faster and pushed out much further than I know, but it looks good. My calculators stops the engine when the card is 1 cm out.

Edoardo & Alberto
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SR-52 card reader wheel - albertofenini - 02-21-2021, 09:24 PM
RE: SR-52 card reader wheel - albertofenini - 03-01-2021 10:01 AM
RE: SR-52 card reader wheel - jebem - 03-12-2021, 05:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)