Question for the book scanners
02-17-2021, 02:57 PM
RE: Question for the book scanners
(02-17-2021 02:01 PM)Giuseppe Donnini Wrote:  I would give Scan Tailor a try. It's not perfect, but it might work well enough for what you need.

Oh nice! Looks like it has a "Split Pages" function. I'll give this a try.

(02-17-2021 02:37 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  I use ImageMagick command line tools to create, edit, compose, or convert digital images.
Very powerful and scriptable, I modify (rotate, crop, etc) hundreds of files in a matters of seconds or minutes.

I will definitely keep that in mind. If I ever get to the point where I'm scanning and manipulating hundreds of files, I will definitely want heavy automation, but for now an interactive tool is better so I can figure out what the heck I'm doing. Smile

(02-17-2021 02:47 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  You can always just print the cropped pdf to a new pdf file. The new pdf file will then not have the cropped pieces.

I do this quite often. I receive a pdf that has a lot of white margin. I crop the white margin out and then re-print to a new pdf. I now have a pdf without the white margins and which will display in a larger size.

That's a good idea that hadn't crossed my mind. Though I scanned the pages as grayscale, and the covers in color. Not sure if the output would end up with all the pages converted to color (i.e. larger file size).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question for the book scanners - Dave Britten - 02-17-2021 02:57 PM
RE: Question for the book scanners - gege - 02-17-2021, 02:57 PM
RE: Question for the book scanners - EdS2 - 02-18-2021, 08:49 AM
RE: Question for the book scanners - robve - 02-17-2021, 09:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)