41 Module Library: Last chance for common sense
04-20-2020, 10:00 AM
RE: 41 Module Library: Last chance for common sense
(08-03-2016 06:39 PM)Jurgen Keller Wrote:  
(06-15-2014 03:11 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Folks, it's been over 33 years since the 41 was launched, and about 20 after its obsolescence - so it's probably time for a last community effort to preserve its module legacy.

I do not agree that the HP-41 is obsolete - still a lot of fun :-) - but I agree that we should keep on to preserve its modules. Here is my contribution: the Schenck Balancing Module / Auswuchtmodul CAB 41.

You can download it here. I've also sent the archive to TOS so it may show up there, too.

Besides the ROM images there is also a German manual included. Unfortunately, I didn't found an English manual yet, but a user of the CAB 41 module has compiled some quick start instructions that may help a bit. Furthermore I've found an application note from Bruel & Kjaer named "Static and Dynamic Balancing of Rigid Rotors" which gives some information about balancing problems and computations.

I know at least of one guy that is still using this module for his work (another point against obsolescence). A few years ago he contacted me because his CAB 41 module didn't work anymore and showed some random failures. Surprisingly, it worked fine in my 41CL (no idea why it makes a difference), and I could save the ROM image and burn it into CLONIX module. That guy was very happy that he got a working clone (which BTW is still working).

Enjoy and always stay "well balanced" :-)

Just a small update: the English manual is now available. Many thanks to Simon Mills who uncovered and scanned it during the COVID-19 lockdown. Use the above link to download it or refer to TOS.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41 Module Library: Last chance for common sense - Jurgen Keller - 04-20-2020 10:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)