Free42 with big stack, test version
02-05-2021, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2021 09:35 PM by Peet.)
RE: Free42 with big stack, test version
The compromise eliminates at least one big inconsistency, the modification of the stack content when switching modes.

But there are still some points that do not match the so far very consistent free42.

Stack error messages as the 28C instead of improved ones as later RPL modells.
But a backspace behavior as this RPL modells (DROP-ERROR) instead RPN-like (even Prime) with no effect if empty.
X<>Y (without X and Y Registers) instead of SWAP to swap stack positions 1 and 2.
Unanswered compatibility question for programs that are written in the other mode.
Unanswered question about register-function e.g. RCL IND L.
etc.

Today I saw a test of a luxury watch on Youtube. The watch was said to be outstanding, but at the watchmaker the tester took a look at the movement and it was encased in a plastic spacer. Even if you never see it, the tester said, the fact that is there is a turn of.

Someone in this forum wrote that he'd rather do something right instead of making it work somehow.
On Windows there is at least the V41 but as far as I know on other platforms the Free42 is without competition the only great RPN-Calculator. Please don't kill it.

My calculators - former: CBM PR100, HP41CV, HP11C, HP28S - current: HP48G, HP35S, Prime, DM41X, DM42, HP12C
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free42 with big stack, test version - Peet - 02-05-2021 09:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)