Free42 with big stack, test version
01-30-2021, 02:11 PM
RE: Free42 with big stack, test version
(01-30-2021 02:04 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  As you know, this feature was not on my wishlist, i think 4-level RPN with automatic T replication is fine as it is, so I'm rather indifferent, and much, much more looking forward to seeing the equations feature Smile

I feel the same way, but the big stack is an important step on the way to implementing the other advanced features on my to-do list. Smile

(01-30-2021 02:04 PM)Vincent Weber Wrote:  Just one point, when you select 4-level or N-STACK, I think it could be good to have a toggle square to see what it is the current setting, just like the "MODE" switches, and to put them next to each other. My 2 cents.

I will definitely make NSTK and 4STK display that way if I add them to the MODES menu, but in CATALOG, there is no provision for that kind of behavior, that's really just a list of functions.

I'm even considering adding an annunciator for big stack mode, because it is such an important setting and because knowing which mode is in effect is so important because it breaks backward compatibility with a lot of programs. But at least you can tell at a glance just by looking how the X register is labeled!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free42 with big stack, test version - Thomas Okken - 01-30-2021 02:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)