Free42: Unlimited-length strings and other type extensions
01-26-2021, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2021 04:18 PM by Dave Britten.)
RE: Free42: Unlimited-length strings and other type extensions
Before you go too deep down the rabbit hole building unlimited-length strings, might I suggest stealing a design from the TI-95 Procalc? It uses an alpha register very similar to the 41C and 42S, but the alpha store and recall operations differ in that they save and recall the whole alpha register into a block of registers (10 I think?) starting at the one you've specified. Thus the TI-95 equivalent of ASTO 00 stores alpha across registers 00-09 if I'm remembering all the details correctly. So maybe just add ASTOM and ARCLM (the M standing for Multi) which do the same, using whatever number of registers are needed to hold the entirety of the alpha register, or if a variable name or stack register is supplied instead of a register number, store it as a one-column matrix with the required number of elements. ARCLM would of course need a bit of argument checking to make sure it's a valid alpha matrix.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free42: Unlimited-length strings and other type extensions - Dave Britten - 01-26-2021 04:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)