HP-71B MultiMod ROM Emulator User Manual
01-20-2021, 04:08 PM
RE: HP-71B MultiMod ROM Emulator User Manual
(01-20-2021 01:23 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  
(01-20-2021 02:44 AM)mfleming Wrote:  Excellent summary! I should include something like this in the Appendix. Here are a couple of comments.
Thanks! (you can take mine if you want)
I will! Thanks.

Quote:
(01-20-2021 02:44 AM)mfleming Wrote:  This is a lookup value used when mapping a 71B address to an address in flash memory. I used to do it by hand but realized it was a certain source of error if others had to do it. The value is now computed when the processor starts.
If it is calculated by your code, then I think you should just say to put 0x00 in that field, this will remove questions from a beginner.
Good idea.

Quote:Question: for the place holder lines in the table, what should be put there to make it neutral, like default values for that type of line.

Sylvain
An invalid value for the size nib, 6 or less, would be rejected during enumeration. Although I do some sanity checks while processing the table, these 8-bit controllers lack the RPM (Read Programmers Mind) instruction, so I ultimately have to rely on proper care being taken when setting up the table. OTOH, part of the fun might be seeing what happens if you enumerate the same ROM multiple times - backup first Smile

(01-20-2021 01:43 PM)jwhsu Wrote:  Nice manual. A minor point, but there appears to be a typo on page 8 in the line "The Math2B ROM for example spans chips 2 and 3, so it uses the origin address of chip 3 (0x08000)." Should it be chip 2?
Corrected. That's what I mean by being blind to defects after a while.

Thanks for the feedback!
~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-71B MultiMod ROM Emulator User Manual - mfleming - 01-20-2021 04:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)