SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
10-21-2020, 07:13 PM
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch
(10-20-2020 08:00 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  
(10-20-2020 07:12 PM)markhen Wrote:  My main complaint about both models (DM42 and DM41X) is that they both "rock" side to side when used on a flat surface. The back (metal) covers are curved, enough so the nice plastic feet aren't in the same plane, and the "belly" of the back cover contacts the surface! I see posts about taking some of the bow out by removing the cover and using finger pressure, and I've done this to both units, but the rocking persists. I am going to try more, because this really is annoying when using the calcs on the desk.

I've noticed that too, though more with my new DM41X than the DM42 I bought at the end of 2017.

The metal is pretty thick, and I can't bend it meaningfully with my fingers, so I put only the back shell on the floor with the printed back facing up and stepped on it with my heel, particularly between the pairs of rubber feet. (I weigh around 150 lbs, so your results may vary.) It's a definite improvement, but it feels like it could still use a bit more work.
Mine too. I just put a thin cloth underneath and everything works perfectly. Really great machine! Thanks a lot SwissMicros!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Question about using .raw files - Namir - 10-05-2020, 08:18 PM
RE: SwissMicros Announces DM41X Launch - JurgenRo - 10-21-2020 07:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)