Air Quality Index calculator?
09-15-2020, 10:13 PM
RE: Air Quality Index calculator?
About an hour east of here (Corvallis, OR) the Beachie Creek fire really blew up 9/7 and 9/8, forcing evacuations from many small communities. One of these, Mill City, was where I was interning this Summer with a company on a project to expand and improve two schools. The fire ended up damaging many structures in the northern part of this town but spared the new construction we were working on.

Meanwhile, the air quality in this region took a nosedive around 9/8 and has only recently begun to improve. At some points the AQI was over 500 and there was visible smoke inside my drafty apartment. Yesterday was the first time I saw any hint of sky since 9/8 and I'm hoping for further improvements over the next few days.

South of where I live in the Rogue Valley, the Almeda Fire damaged parts of Ashland, and significant parts of Phoenix and Talent. In Ashland, the first place I ever worked burned down, and an apartment I used to live in in Talent also burned down. The downtown portions of both Talent and Phoenix were significantly damaged, and entire neighborhoods were destroyed. Probably one of the worst things to ever happen in the state of Oregon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Air Quality Index calculator? - DrD - 09-14-2020, 10:56 AM
RE: Air Quality Index calculator? - DrD - 09-14-2020, 09:53 PM
RE: Air Quality Index calculator? - Benjer - 09-15-2020 10:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)