[WP-34S] Emulator/debug - single/double copy/paste
06-12-2014, 07:58 AM
RE: [WP-34S] Emulator/debug - single/double copy/paste
(06-05-2014 06:16 PM)pascal_meheut Wrote:  [...]
But this is open-source software so if a brave soul want to give it a try, he (or less likely she) can.

Well, I tried to tinker a bit with the sources, but found it quite cumbersome and finally threw up my hands in despair. I am planning to give it a second try, though.
The archive file structure seems to be a bit... well, can we say a mess?
Some files seem to have been developed for Visual Studio, but I also see other files which look like Eclipse project files.
Also it is not clear what is part of the emulator and what is part of the real thing.
I tried to rebuild the project files for my VS 2008. Quite time consuming as one has to find out the relations between the sub-projects etc.
I learn that some of the projects need other projects to be run as a postprocessing step in order to generate some of the source files. Also some tricks seem to be involved like translating a source file twice etc.
All this can be found out, but is no fun and may discourage other people from joining your project.

It would be much easier for an interested novice, if a short README file would explain the main logic of the build process and the tools used. What is the build order and what are the prerequisites?
Maybe for Windows and/or Linux platforms. One can always use a VirtualBox or similar, so maybe the Linux/Eclipse approach would be the better choice.

Just a small README file could save the world...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP-34S] Emulator/debug - single/double copy/paste - Martin Hepperle - 06-12-2014 07:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)