HP 110, 150: Looking for Turbo Pascal Version 3.02 for MS-DOS (not PC-DOS/IBM PC)
06-21-2020, 08:27 AM
HP 110, 150: Looking for Turbo Pascal Version 3.02 for MS-DOS (not PC-DOS/IBM PC)
I would like to use Turbo pascal on my HP 110 Portable Plus.

On the one hand it offers a small and capable editor, on the other hand it is a nice tool for developing small programs.

Turbo Pascal evolved from generic CP/M-80, CP/M-86, MS-DOS systems to versions tailored specifically for PC-DOS and the IBM PC hardware.
The TINST program reflects this development - the early versions offered many predefined terminal configurations and allowed defining individual terminal configurations.
The early MS-DOS version provided the same terminal configuration options as the CP/M versions.
The later PC-DOS versions only provided a handful of predefined screen definitions specific for the IBM PC.

I am looking for the last version of Turbo pascal for generic MS-DOS systems.

All archives in the internet seem to have 3.0, 3.01, 3.02 for PC-DOS only.
These versions incorporate direct access to screen memory and similar PC specific features.
They will not work on a generic MS-DOS 2 or 3 system like the HP 110 or the HP 150.
I know that such a version existed for the HP 150 - it was also distributed by HP and could be adapted e.g. to the HP 110.

So: does someone have a copy of Turbo Pascal 3.x or at least 2.x for MS-DOS which he could make available?

Martin

PS: forgive me for cross-posting this inquiry also in groups.io for vintage HP computers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 110, 150: Looking for Turbo Pascal Version 3.02 for MS-DOS (not PC-DOS/IBM PC) - Martin Hepperle - 06-21-2020 08:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)