Poll: What is your Prime hardware revision?
This poll is closed.
Revision A 95.83% 46 95.83%
Revision B 0% 0 0%
Revision C (?) 2.08% 1 2.08%
Other 2.08% 1 2.08%
Total 48 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which hardware revision do you have?
06-02-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: Which hardware revision do you have?
Many of us have followed hp calculators from the very beginning. Having evolved with their production, all the society ramifications, (exploring the limits of each calculator, the journals, the HHC community events, Easter eggs, etc.), there is almost a sibling relationship with hp's calculator division. In that sense, working through birth difficulties of a new generation product, for me, anyway, is no big deal.

Let's say that a new product is emerging, and I want to be an early adopter. In my case, with my hp history, I *expect* there will be 'issues' that reveal themselves, which probably will be resolved by hp internally, and/or the hp user community, in general. In a perverse way, I find that fun and entertaining.

IF a mission critical mandate for 'absolutes' exists, as in failure not an option, I wouldn't rely exclusively on this new product, (or any new product), and until the products credibility is validated, I might use it, perhaps, in tandem with other technologies.

So that is why, in my case, I look forward to new products from the calculator division, and happily participate in the new product maturity curve. If being born in this generation affords [me] an opportunity to play with such a wealth of knowledge in a tiny box, imagine what the great mathematicians of history would have been able to accomplish, but for the fate of time? So hp gets no complaints from me!

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which hardware revision do you have? - DrD - 06-02-2014 10:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)