newRPL - Updated to build 1510 [official build remains at 1487]
07-30-2021, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2021 12:30 PM by spiff72.)
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1487 [ including official build]
(07-30-2021 11:57 AM)Alejandro Paz(Germany) Wrote:  
(07-30-2021 02:44 AM)Claudio L. Wrote:  Only using a VM with Windows and the original connectivity kit that came with the calculator (or downloaded from hpcalc.org).

I had to install the driver from here hpcalc HP3x, 4x, 50 Drivers manually (even after it supposedly installed itself after running the executable) and then I could download the ROM.
Now I have to see how to change the fonts, it is too small, I thought about the 39gII... it is not a target (yet) Sad, that one has nice resolution.
Well at least it is RPN but it has the 50g layout, I suppose... a calculator friendly layout would be too much to ask I suppose... the 39 is far from the 48 :/

I ended up settling on the following fonts on my 39gs (I may have the actual names of some of these incorrect, since the last characters can't be seen in the menu structure):
FNTSTK: Font7A
FNT1STK: Font8A
FNTMENU: Font6A
FNTFORMS: Font8A
FNTCMD: Font8A
FNTSTATUS: Font6A

Just go to the menu: System - Fonts

From there, FNTSTK menu item will return the current value of this font setting (but it may not be correct due to a bug). Edit that value by pressing the down arrow to invoke the editor, change the name of the font, press enter to put it on the stack, then press the ->FNTSTK menu key to set that font. Repeat for each of the font settings as listed above. (My list above is in order of appearance in the Fonts menu). Each font will show up (you have to press the NXT button to get to the others), and they always appear with the FNTxxx item, followed by ->FNTxxx. I find it easier to recall the font with the FNTxxx item, edit it, and then set it with the ->FNTxxx menu item (rather than typing in the full font name each time).

Font8C is slightly wider than Font8A if you would prefer that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: newRPL - Updated to build 1487 [ including official build] - spiff72 - 07-30-2021 12:27 PM
Navigating through sub-menus - Gilles - 05-13-2023, 11:31 AM
It's a mystery to me... - Klaus - 11-27-2023, 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)