hp41cx named variables in extended memory
02-27-2020, 02:54 AM (This post was last modified: 02-29-2020 04:39 PM by Artur - Brasil.)
RE: hp41cx named variables in extended memory
Hi,
I'm writing two programs for 41C with X-Functions and X-Memory.

One creates a data file in X-Memory for replacing registers from 00 to 10 (it can replace any register, actually, if you get memory to hold the programm (or a NovRAM - HEPAX module).
So, operations like RCL 05 will be written as XEQ "R5"; STO 05 as XEQ "S5"
One subroutine creates the file: ALPHA: name of file; X: number of registers - XEQ "XREG"
One subroutine for each "Rn" and one for each "Sn".
It's quite a byte consumming, but works. You can get private data registers for every program.
The routine CU, in synthetic programming books is not very usefull - only for called programs: after you called it, the n registers (in main memory) will desappear to the called program. My got another way, but eats bytes...

It's already finished.

The second program is for creating a file in X-Memory for named variables (name up to six charaters) , for numeric or alpha contents. I'm writting it.
One subroutine creates the file: ALPHA: name of file XEQ "XVAR".
Two subroutines for recovering values: in ALPHA, put the name of variable. So, if numeric, XEQ "XRCL": the content will be recovered to X; if alpha, XARCL will recover content to ALPHA.
For storing data, ALPHA: name:value XEQ "XSTO", either for alpha or numeric variable.

What do you think about this idea?
Best wishes from Brazil
Artur

ARTUR MARIO JUNIOR
BRAZIL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: hp41cx named variables in extended memory - Artur - Brasil - 02-27-2020 02:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)