New firmware BUG found on Solve app related to digit grouping
05-28-2014, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2014 11:36 PM by alexzkter.)
New firmware BUG found on Solve app related to digit grouping
Hi, first of all thanks for the new firmware, I sucessfully updated the calculator on Win 8.1 64bits enterprise lightning fast.

Problem comes when I realized all stored formulas are partially gone. Creating all user variables again made it appear most of all the stored formulas. The ones showing an error were recovered by editing them (deleting one of the variables in the formula and inserting it back again to be more precise)

So here's the real problem:
when Digit grouping is the standard 123456.789 , in other words...with no extra space or symbol in between the 3&4 numbers, I get a proper solution, as shown below:

[Image: os78uu.png]
for the Mechanical Energy Balance, which is the following simple equation:
[Image: 2mfqk5.png]

But...when you choose some of the rest of options as default digit grouping, for example, the 123 456.789 grouping, you get a "Bad guess(es)" solution:

[Image: 25f0dpu.png]
Take a look at the density value (ρ=1000 shown as 1 000)
changing the value to 100 will make it throw a proper answer.

Second ¿bug?:

I created the V1 and V2 variables, but they're not showing up on user variables list, see: [Image: sy48cg.png]
I'm guessing they're system reserved variables that have to do with vectors so not a bug.

Third:
On Home settings, kinetic scrolling is available too, which makes very difficult to scroll page without skipping pages. Kinetic scrolling here should be disabled, I just checked on the emulator as well, and it's difficult too not to go from page 1 to 3.

And last but not least:
I find the inclusion of undo/redo softkey buttons very convenient. I know it's been requested before, but I experienced the need of such option when accidentally deleting formulas. Or at least a confirmation window asking whether I'm sure I want to delete a formula or not (and a way to disable what I just mentioned)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New firmware BUG found on Solve app related to digit grouping - alexzkter - 05-28-2014 11:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)