38E: dot in upper left corner of display
01-20-2020, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2020 08:44 AM by jebem.)
RE: 38E: dot in upper left corner of display
(01-19-2020 10:23 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  
(01-19-2020 09:56 PM)Rogier Wrote:  How is your battery doing? My 33E switched off a few minutes after the dot appeared. Now I run it on modern rechargeable batteries and it behaves differently. The dot is there much longer. Probably an effect of different properties of these batteris.

I haven't had a chance to run it too hard yet, but I did more cleaning and testing. Voltage looked fine along the ribbon cable, and resistance was only a couple of Ohms, so I'm not really sure why it thinks the batteries are low.

Remove the batteries.
Check your multimeter by shorting the two probes in low ohm scale and take note of the reading (this value is to be subtracted from the next procedure readings).
If the resistance measured between each battery contact and the corresponding PCB pad is above 0.3 ohm, there is a conductivity issue that needs to be addressed.
In this case, use a external battery holder (or power supply) to apply the voltage directly to the PCB, to confirm the issue.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 38E: dot in upper left corner of display - jebem - 01-20-2020 08:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)