Someone is still making slide rules
12-31-2019, 04:48 PM
RE: Someone is still making slide rules
(12-31-2019 04:46 PM)Guy Macon Wrote:  
(12-31-2019 03:27 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  That's amazing, I had been looking at Concise circular slide rules from the '60s/'70s on ebay recently. I had no idea they were still making them.

Does anybody know what the shipping costs are for US destinations? I went pretty far through the checkout process but didn't see a shipping quote.

I just ordered one. They listed 3200 Yen ($29.45 USD) as the price with 0 yen for taxes and 0 yen for shipping. The automated confirmation email also has 3200 Yen as the total.

Sounds good, right? Alas, when I told them I was paying with my Visa card, they didn't actually ask for the credit card number. Somehow I suspect my slide rule isn't actually on the way... Sad Perhaps I will get another email from a human asking me to pay for the slide rule I just ordered.

Yeah, they'll probably follow up with an invoice and some way to pay. It's funny, for as much as Japan is really into technology and gadgetry, they're actually pretty low-tech when it comes to business and data processing. Fax machines are still very much a common thing there.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Someone is still making slide rules - Dave Britten - 12-31-2019 04:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)