Flickering screen (no user interaction)
12-14-2019, 12:07 AM
Flickering screen (no user interaction)
Hi!

I'm wondering if it's normal behavior for the screen to "flicker".

The flicker is not related to moving the screen around or re-drawing. I'm just looking at the screen and not interacting at all.

The flicker is visible on all screens/programs. It is also visible when the screen dims down.

The flicker varies in intensity (from no flicker to very prominent flicker) depending on the shape of the graphics and its color. It is most prominent if you have a horizontal line (or bar) in a color that is not extreme (full black, full red, full white, etc). For example, the grey lines that you see on the screen after you've typed a few entries/calculations in the Home screen flicker very prominently. Also if you have a colored area that spans the screen horizontally in a color that is not extreme.

If the horizontal line is pure black or white (or for example pure red), there is no visible flicker. If the line is vertical, there is also no visible flicker.

It's HP Prime G2, brand new. I really like it overall, but the flicker is really fatiguing so I'm thinking about returning it. But I wanted to check here first if it's possibly just a defective unit, or if it's just part of the design of the HP Prime.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Flickering screen (no user interaction) - wmattias - 12-14-2019 12:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)