Thread Closed 
Why are threads being locked for no reason?
12-03-2019, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2019 06:11 PM by Dave Hicks.)
RE: Why are threads being locked for no reason?
Sorry, I meant to reply to this earlier (several times) but other things keep getting in the way. For a while I thought about reopening one of the two closed threads that had veered well into climate change, however, I realized that I too wanted to jump in to comment - specifically about the "new ice age" that in turn was a response to a list of things such as acid rain that had presumably been concerns of the past that had presumably gone away. (In reality I think many of those things have been managed with significant effort.)

As far as the global cooling scare - yes there were some papers in the 70s that suggested that crap we were releasing into the air might block sunlight and cool the earth. However, even in the 70s, such papers were already outnumbered by something like 4 to 1 by papers that suggested global warming due to other crap we were releasing. And even today, some scientists are experimenting with intentionally releasing more blocking crap into the air to try to counteract the warming crap since they see few signs of us addressing the latter on a reasonable schedule. (However, those scientists say that what they are currently trying has its own side-effects such as acid rain so I really don't see climate science contradicting itself here.)

Of course, most of us get our everyday news from general news sources, many of which are profit driven and looking for scary and novel stuff to talk about, so if one paper somewhere suggests that militant rabbits are going to take over the world, it will probably be reported widely.

And, of course, I realize that the posts I'm writing about may have been made fully or partially in jest and I may have been trolled in myself! (If so, well done! Smile)

So, since climate threads don't seem to go well here (perhaps because no one can really tell who is serious) I'm going to continue supporting their closure for the time being. And that includes this one as it has kind of recursively stepped into being a climate change thread itself.

By the way, as I was typing this, I noticed a thread got reported. Guess which one? Yep - this one!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why are threads being locked for no reason? - Dave Hicks - 12-03-2019 06:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)