Trig Func Plot Error and Trig Solving Error
10-30-2019, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2019 10:04 AM by Bosebcc.)
RE: Trig Func Plot Error and Trig Solving Error
(10-29-2019 09:12 PM)pinkman Wrote:  Bosebcc, I really like your problems.
How did you find these expressions that push our calculators to their limits?!

I think Wolfram alpha is a bit straightforward, as CAS and the Prime let (force) you chose the parameters and conditions of the question.
Try to analyze the domain of your f(x)=abs(sin(x)/...) function (with CAS or Wolfram alpha), and you’ll see it is not as trivial as Wolfram alpha seems to affirm when plotting the function.
Also, analyze the domain of x^x and you’ll confirm that Wolfram alpha gave you a solution without letting you chose your definition of negative power of negative numbers.

Once again, for me, the Advanced Graphing app doesn’t appear to be the best solution to analyze a function, even to double check as you said.
But I would like to hear people stronger than me in mathematics, or, as you asked, knowing the way it draws, before concluding the shown graphic is wrong.

Like Tim I also don’t understand why you say x=pi/2 is not an intersection of your previous f(x) with g(x)=3, because CAS found it : [1/2*π,-asin(1/4),asin(1/4)-π]

Regards.
Thibault

I found these problems while checking my homework XD. I don't necessary like to use the Advance graphing app to analyze a function. But because you can't list out the POI in the function app numerical view which the Advance graphing app numerical view can, and I still can't get a decent answer from the cas view. I still rely on this app to work properly.

Sincerely
Bosebcc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trig Func Plot Error and Trig Solving Error - Bosebcc - 10-30-2019 10:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)