[Update - G1, Android] Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS
10-24-2019, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2019 05:04 AM by Tim Wessman.)
[Update - G1, Android] Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS
Hello,

[UPDATE]
If you downloaded and installed the prior G1 version, please immediately delete it and install the newly updated one from same hpcalc.org site link. A wrong file was given to Eric by mistake (I dunne goofed) that was not tested and is from an old incorrect build location. You will lose data, and be incompatible with any future versions. The RPN problem, crashes, and others is caused by that. Apologies! Sad
[/UPDATE]

The HP Calculator group is excited to release a public beta for the next version of the HP Prime software. If you are willing and able to test, we invite you to download and provide feedback on the new features and changes.

Should you also prove to be a very enthusiastic individual with quality issue reporting skills, you may also receive an invite to participate in the more closed alpha level testing that happen earlier in the development process.

While you can post in forums such as this at your discretion, we ask that the primary way of reporting be to send reports to calcbeta@hp.com. Basically, the goal is avoid disruption or annoyance to other forum participants. You can pop up a pre-populated email template by clicking the "Report Issue" menu item in the programs themselves.

This release has almost no new features or changes. I really, really mean that this time - (in fact only 2-3 bugs corrected I am certain about) We did however change and update to much newer build tools, processes and compiler versions. Generally, this has no impact but can sometimes cause very difficult to track down problems. Hence the desire to ensure everything is "working well" before more significant changes happen. Note that on some versions the build date/revision number may vary slightly due to timing of that specific build as I worked to resolve issues with the build automation processes. There is essentially no difference between them however.

1. Updated CAS to latest 1.5 release.
  2. Corrected BREAK issue found on G2 hardware units only.
  3. Fixed issue with prompts for upgrade happening frequently on 64 bit windows versions.

Special thank you to Eric Rechlin at hpcalc.org for hosting the files for us.

Quote:Windows/Mac/Linux/Calculator
http://www.hpcalc.org/prime/beta/

iOS
HP Prime Lite: https://testflight.apple.com/join/wEWzNu3f
HP Prime Pro: https://testflight.apple.com/join/N3c1tyqC

Android
HP Prime Lite: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com...lator.free
HP Prime Pro: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com...calculator

Have fun!

Quote:HP Prime – Release Notes
-------------------------

Date Released: 2019/10/22

Internal Versions
-----------------
Firmware Version: ~2.1.14290 (2019 10 23) BETA
Virtual Calculator Version: ~2.1.14290 (2019 10 23) BETA
Connectivity Kit: ~2.1.14290 (2019 10 23) BETA

Description
-----------
This BETA release of the Prime Calculator firmware and associated PC and Mobile software is a minor maintenance release. Only users willing to experiment with pre-release software and report issues to calcbeta@hp.com are invited to experiment with this release.

Please back up your calculator before the update. Any existing data on the device may be wiped during the update process.

Primary focus of this BETA release is upgrading the underlying build tools for all platforms (calculator hardware, windows, iOS, android, macOS). As such, there are few end user noticeable changes included. The goal here is to ensure that everything is "working just as before" to make sure that no problems have been introduced as a result of said tool change.

Windows Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator:
1. Fixed issue with prompts for upgrade being misidentified on 64 bit versions.

Mac Connectivity Kit and Virtual Calculator:
1. None

Linux Technical Preview Virtual Calculator:
1. Delivered in x86 and x64 versions
2. Built using Ubuntu 14.04 and packaged as an appimage with latest appimage/linuxdeployqt versions
3. Primarily, this is to test if application is able to be run on a wide range of systems and distros
4. There is a technical preview and does not indicate a supported Linux release will be forthcoming - however the 60 day limit on other platforms will not be checked.

New Functionality and Changes (Calculator Software)
1. Updated CAS to latest 1.5 release.
2. Corrected BREAK issue found on G2 hardware units only.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[Update - G1, Android] Public Beta Availiable - Win/Mac/Linux/Firmware/Android/iOS - Tim Wessman - 10-24-2019 06:04 AM
Cosmetic Bug. - TheLastMillennial - 11-16-2019, 10:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)