HP-41CL: Suggested module format update
12-16-2021, 07:29 PM
RE: HP-41CL: Suggested module format update
(12-16-2021 06:03 PM)Christoph Giesselink Wrote:  
(10-07-2019 05:16 PM)Monte Dalrymple Wrote:  This is certainly an extreme use case, but when I am debugging code using V41 it is a royal pain to have to go all the way back to the source when doing a quick hack. This is because it is impossible to use a hex editor to do a quick hack on the code in a .mod file like it is on a .rom file. It's usually because I got the polarity wrong for the carry on a jump and I just need to flip the case. So I would love an uncompressed format for .mod files, especially if it were supported by V41.

Is this is still from interest?

If so, it would be possible to add such a feature, "MOD2" using the .rom format inside MOD, to V41. In this particular case the upper 6 bits will be cleared at loading. In the case of ROM this doesn't matter, but as RAM (overwriteable QROM) these 6 bits get lost when writing back.

I would agree to have this as an 'official' additional format, if only for completeness and the ability to have some metadata that describes the content of the MOD file. My current implementation of the ROM Handler does have some limited support for .ROM files with the upper bits used.

Regards, Meindert
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41CL: Suggested module format update - MeindertKuipers - 12-16-2021 07:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)