Alternative HP-41CL mainframe (OS ROMs) update for beta test
10-22-2019, 01:41 AM
RE: Alternative HP-41CL mainframe (OS ROMs) update for beta test
(10-19-2019 01:53 AM)Ken S Wrote:  How is the beta test going? I have an hp41 coming in a few weeks which will be converted to a CL and am interested in trying this. I plan on setting this one up for surveying calculations (and GPS when Monte gets that module sorted). I love the idea of so much extended memory to store points in. I will have to check if the software which stores to Xmemory is compatible with this but am sure I can make one of the programs work with this.

I have not heard so much. I think it is known by now that it will not work with CCD and modules that borrow code from it for accessing extended memory. I have also seen some issues with running from RAM, which is why I flashed it as soon as I trusted it. Meaning, when my automated tests worked and I could use the calculator normally with no noticeable issues.

I have not done any particular X-memory tests recently, but I do use the beta ROMs. It is mostly for testing other coming modules (doing normal things and playing with other half broken code).

In any case, it sounds like you could be a good beta tester of it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alternative HP-41CL mainframe (OS ROMs) update for beta test - hth - 10-22-2019 01:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)