Properties of a Pocket Calculator for Astronauts
09-14-2019, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2019 04:19 AM by Gene222.)
RE: Properties of a Pocket Calculator for Astronauts
(09-12-2019 06:50 AM)deetee Wrote:  I'm looking now for more details to this kind of software. In Gene222's link to "Introduction to Orbital Flight Planning" are a lot of HP-specific programs. But I saw that this is not easy to follow and deeper knowledge in Physics and Math is required. Is there some "Space Flight Theory and Math for Dummies"?

I am not very knowledgeable on the subject, but you might want to read NASA's Basics of Space Flight, and then take a look at Orbital Mechanics by Robert A. Braeunig. NASA's Basics of Space Flight does not include any formula's. It just explains the concepts of space flight and orbital mechanics. It was designed primarily as a quick training guide for mission operations people. Some of the animations don't work. Braeunig's Orbital Mechanics includes the formula's and explains the math. More importantly, it includes many examples on how to solve various problems. Braeunig's Orbital Mechanics is part of his Rocket & Space Technology web site. Braeunig found information on this subject to be either too simplistic to be very helpful, or too advanced for those who lacked advanced math and science skills. So, he created a web site on the Basics of Space Flight for space enthusiasts like himself.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Properties of a Pocket Calculator for Astronauts - Gene222 - 09-14-2019 02:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)