HP 82208A/C Serial Interface Kit
09-03-2019, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2019 01:49 PM by Giuseppe Donnini.)
RE: HP 82208A/C Serial Interface Kit
Look here for version C: https://www.hpcalc.org/details/3733

[HP-82208A does not contain any software that is not also included in version C.]

Note, however, that these files will not directly install on a modern 64-bit PC.

I myself used the following workaround:
  • I mounted an empty virtual RAM drive with a size of (1024*1024*1000[!]=) 1474560 bytes,
  • copied everything to that drive,
  • then mounted it as a floppy disk drive in DOSBOX,
  • and finally installed everything from there.
Worked like a charm.

The installation program asks for the type of calculator (S/SX or G/GX), and also allows selective installation of individual programs or program groups.

There are only two version-dependent programs, though:
  • the stopwatch library STPWATCH.LIB,
  • and the command catalogue USAG (present in the HP-28, but left out in the HP-48 in order to save ROM space for more important code)

Four other programs are completely left out in the G/GX version, because their respective functions are considered built into the G/GX. This is not exactly true, however, and these programs remain interesting even for G/GX users. They are:
  • SUITE3D by Charlie Patton, which is the User RPL ancestor of the G/GX's 3D plotting engine.
  • EZPLOT by Diana Byrne, which even foreshadows some ideas later implemented in the HP-38G (like automatic plot redrawing while scrolling).
  • CEIGEN
  • GAUSSELM

As for the manual, there is none; only an instruction sheet which tells you how to insert a floppy disk, read text files, and run INSTALL.EXE. However, every program is accompanied by its own manual in form of a (well-written) TXT file; and there is a substantial README file for the whole kit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 82208A/C Serial Interface Kit - Giuseppe Donnini - 09-03-2019 04:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)