Free42 state file switching, export, and import
08-20-2019, 11:22 AM
RE: Free42 state file switching, export, and import
The Android version is progressing nicely. I almost finished it last night, but then I got stuck at figuring out how to set things up so that Free42 will load state files attached to emails. Sending state files as attachments is working already, but as happens sometimes with Android, when it comes to setting up the filters that allow the OS to decide which apps to offer for opening a document, the seemingly simple API turns out to be surprisingly difficult and frustrating to use.

I'm sure I'll figure it out, but if anyone here has already slain this particular kind of dragon before, I could use a hint or two.

When it works, the way Android and iOS apps share data is quite nice, and far more suited to the app-centric mobile experience than the desktop- and file-oriented approach of traditional desktop OSes. But working with this approach is new to me. Once the Android version is done, I'll be curious to see what doing this is like in the iOS environment. That OS has given me its share of frustration in the past as well. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free42 state file switching, export, and import - Thomas Okken - 08-20-2019 11:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)