(SOLVED) 41CL - DOUBLE HEPAX ACCESS and MMU CONFIG
08-24-2019, 05:15 PM
RE: (SOLVED) 41CL - DOUBLE HEPAX ACCESS and MMU CONFIG
(08-24-2019 03:51 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  I will have to re-read the HePaX chapter of your PowerCL version 4N manual because I never grasp that is was possible.
The possibility of having multiple HRAM set was always there, in fact when you copy 4 CL templates (0x0B9) to build a 16K set, you have 4 unlinked 4K HRAM memory until you linked them.
As far as I know, the problem is that the HePaX ROM will only look for the first HRAM.

using HEPCHN you can alter the default order of HRAM pages in the FileSys. It is possible to configure it to look at the second HRAM first, then the first (i.e. inverted sequence) or to ignore the first one altogether. I admit I haven't tested all combinations but theoretically you can have a HRAM configuration in any order you want, say "0FABC0" to put just one example/

So "0AB0" HEPCHN will give you access to HRAMS in pages A and B, whereas "0CD0" will address the HRAM pages C and D. That was the example I mentioned in the previous post.

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SOLVED) 41CL - DOUBLE HEPAX ACCESS and MMU CONFIG - Ángel Martin - 08-24-2019 05:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)