(SOLVED) 41CL - DOUBLE HEPAX ACCESS and MMU CONFIG
08-20-2019, 05:11 PM
RE: 41CL - DOUBLE HEPAX ACCESS
(08-20-2019 04:29 PM)Podalirius Wrote:  Hi, I tried it until the moment to make the Hepax,
until:
"YFNX" // 41CL Extreme Functions
PLUG1U // mapping YFNX ROM to page 0x9
MMUEN // enable MMU

With MMUEN, the error:
DUP XROM 07
CONFIGURATION BAD
Hein! maybe XROM 15 because we are playing with YFNX, but XROM 07 is assigned to HePaX ROM, this is surprise, it means that you have the HePaX ROM also plugged somewhere else, a leftover.
I told you it was untested but glad that you tested it Wink ... anyway I will try the configuration tonight and I will see.

(08-20-2019 04:29 PM)Podalirius Wrote:  I lost all the Hepax, but no problem, all my software is stored via HP-IL.
Almost sure that it is only unmapped but not lost.

(08-20-2019 04:29 PM)Podalirius Wrote:  I think, with humility, that the great problem occurs because RCLCFG don't copy the requested page, but overlap frequently the modules, and every time if one port (on source or destination) are void.
The same by all the other related commands. In fact, after a RCLCFG or EXCFG, the resulting page is a mix of the source and of destinazion page. I think that is more easy if delete the port in destination,
if is deleted in source. (But this is my opinion with very humility) All DUP XROM errors that occurs in traing to setup the MMU are due to this behaviour.
Maybe, but before pointing in that direction, I will do more tests to explore all the possibilities.

On my side I have created three custom MMU configurations, apart for YFNX who is always locked and sometime has some unexpected behaviour, all the unlocked ROM mapped switch correctly between configurations, including HePaX RAM's.

Sylvain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41CL - DOUBLE HEPAX ACCESS - Sylvain Cote - 08-20-2019 05:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)