(SOLVED) 41CL - DOUBLE HEPAX ACCESS and MMU CONFIG
08-17-2019, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2019 03:42 PM by Sylvain Cote.)
RE: 41CL - DOUBLE HEPAX ACCESS
(08-17-2019 02:45 PM)Podalirius Wrote:  Hi, I very appreciate all your efforts, but I am NOT an Assembler programmer!!!
I understand that and that is why I am taking this path.

(08-17-2019 02:45 PM)Podalirius Wrote:  If CFGINI is too complex for me, I can make a second MMU setting without it.
ok

(08-17-2019 02:45 PM)Podalirius Wrote:  My question is NOT on CFGINI and how it works, ...
What took me on the CFGINI part at first was your comment here:
(08-14-2019 06:00 AM)Podalirius Wrote:  I have the need to change also MMU F, alias 9HIL, by Mr. Monte devoted to HP-IL operations

I am an old 41CL user, so every time I need to swap a MMU configuration, I simply erase the MMU setting and manually redo the configuration so I had never used the MMU configurations functions (CFGINI, RCLCFG, STOCFG, etc) before and I had to learn it first.
This posts are simply a documented logs of my findings while learning, unfortunately I also found issues with the MMU configuration table content and I had to resolve those before going further.

(08-17-2019 02:45 PM)Podalirius Wrote:  I tryed working with the MMU(s) installed by CFGINI, in maybe every mode but is impossible and also a powerful source of MEMORY LOST,
because with EXCFG and RCLCFG the modules are superimposed in ports so is possible that more ports are linked to the same module.
Even if I use PPLUG to delete a module and insert the new correct module the MEMORY LOST error is a possibility very real!
Its not impossible, you just need to understand how it is working and that takes time and patience.

(08-17-2019 02:45 PM)Podalirius Wrote:  .. but simply if is possible or not to have 2 HEPAX installations.
Yes it is possible, but you must understand that the HePaX modules used all the tricks in the books to give you more RAM and some special attention must be made to correctly backup or restore RAM content.
The 41CL is also a big beast to master and making both play well together is not a simple matter, at least for me.

To backup and restore multiple HePaX setup in the 41CL, there are two things you must take into account: the MMU configuration Set 0 and the HePaX RAM pages.
Because on how HePaX works, it is not enough to save the MMU configuration Set 0 you also have to save the pages where are located the HePaX RAM or else you will loose your HePaX RAM data.
Here RCLCFG and STOCFG will not be of any help, we need to find a way to backup the MMU configuration Set 0 and the HePaX RAM to either, another RAM block or offline to a LIF file.
I will focus on that part and continue with my rambling with the MMU configuration after.

Quote:I hope in your help!
Same here Wink

Sylvain

edit: typo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41CL - DOUBLE HEPAX ACCESS - Sylvain Cote - 08-17-2019 03:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)