Screen Flickering. Is this normal?
06-28-2019, 05:30 AM
RE: Screen Flickering. Is this normal?
Hello,

Are you seeing flickering (as in you see the screen refresh happening)?
or sheering, which happen when you see the screen being redrawn by the software as you scroll it?

We found that some people are more sensitive to these effect as others, and of course it depends on the lightning...

Strong, intermittent lighting such as most fluorecent lighting, but also a lot of the LED exacerbate the problem. We tried to mitigate it by selecting a screen refresh rate that does not sync with either the European 50Hz nor the american 60Hz... But as I said, some people are more sensitive to it than other (let us say that their eyes have "faster shutter speed")...

As for sheering, this is a purely software issue, but here again, there is a balance, removing/hiding the sheering makes the software more complex and slows down the system. It is also problematic when some objects are long to display.
This is why the software does not use double buffering...

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Screen Flickering. Is this normal? - cyrille de brébisson - 06-28-2019 05:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)