Unit Calc / Conversion only in HP?
05-17-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: Unit Calc / Conversion only in HP?
(05-17-2014 10:16 AM)Alvaro Wrote:  
(05-16-2014 04:57 PM)Dalil Wrote:  No problem, happy to have helped.

If you have any issue with the conversion, I might be able to help as I have a bit of experience with 'translating' program in all three languages that you are potentially going to use, namely UserRPL, BBC BASIC and TI-89 BASIC, so don't hesitate to contact me if you are really stuck to see what I can do.

Also, I would recommend you to try the calculator before purchase using one of the various emulators available (if I remember correctly TIEMU is one of them) to make sure you are happy with the machine.

Hi Dalil,
Thank you very much for your offer, but there are several reasons why I will not translate it to other Program language.
That are critical programs , for stress analisys of cilindrical tubes and things like that, and I want to be sure there will be no translation errors.
So, I have to do it I myself.
Any way, thank you.

I have been looking at Titanium but there is no way of BASIC.

The only option is the TI-nspire (no CAS). It has plenty of Storage and also has 2 Keyboards available, one of them let it work as a TI-84 Plus and on that mode it is possible to put in BBC BASIC.
Now, I found a Units App (here:http://www.ticalc.org/pub/nspire/basic/science/units.zip).
Seems that someone also did not want to rely on Wikipedia , as many here do SmileSmile, for Units Conversion and also found to be important to have it on the nspire.

Do you have the possibility to see if that Units App also is available on the ti-84 mode of the nspire?
Also, can you have a look into the extend of that Units App regarding Converstion/Calculation ?

Hi Alvaro,

I am happy to see you are finding your way in the calculator world ^^.

As far as I can see, the Units app for TI Nspire non-CAS is equivalent to any other conversion available on other scientific calculators, you can find more information if you follow this link: Google Group - Message from the author

It would be worth getting a CAS one, which can do the units conversion natively and use the TI-84 mode for BBC Basic. Unfortunately the unit conversion App on TI-84 is limited, and is offered by TI. Sci-Tools for TI-84

Memory-wise, there is enough space available to add and all this little applications and much more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unit Calc / Conversion only in HP? - Dalil - 05-17-2014 01:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)