(48) DATE->NUM, NUM->DATE, ->EXCELDATE, EXCELDATE->, DTDIFF
05-15-2014, 11:52 AM
RE: (48) DATE->NUM, NUM->DATE, ->EXCELDATE, EXCELDATE->, DTDIFF
(05-15-2014 11:19 AM)HP67 Wrote:  I really don't like cluttering HOME so I have been using Detlef Mueller's excellent D->LIB 1.0 to create libraries. As you know there are many choices in lib creation tools.

Thanks for the suggestion; I hadn't considered creating libraries yet, but my HOME is starting to get a pretty good amount of stuff in it. I'll check out D->LIB if it gets too unruly.

(05-15-2014 11:19 AM)HP67 Wrote:  The other thing I found out is that I would have liked a way to create hidden variables from UserRPL. HOME gets awfully full of junk and becomes messy to deal with. How are you managing your HOME directory as you add many commands and variables?

Basically, I'm not. Smile

I also have a program called SORTALL that dives into each directory recursively and executes SORTDIR (defined globally in HOME, but some directories provide their own to override sorting). This alphabetizes the vars list, placing all directories first, followed by all programs, then leaves everything else following that unsorted to save execution time. (I'll probably post those programs later today.) In addition, I use local variables wherever possible so they vanish automatically.

Hiding variables is doable, though a little clumsy, and requires a SYSEVAL or a tiny bit of SysRPL. If you have an object with a null-string name (i.e. '') in the current directory, everything sorted after it is not shown in the variables list, or by any command that lists variables (VARS, TVARS, maybe others). They can still be accessed normally by name. A little clever directory sorting lets you hide things this way. I have a directory with user-defined units that hides everything but the 'CST' variable to prompt that they should be used that way, and not directly from the vars menu, lest they be overwritten accidentally with left shift.

I haven't bothered streamlining the hiding process yet, mostly because ORDER doesn't give you a simple way to move things to the end of the list, only the beginning. Perhaps that will give me a project to pass the time today in the hospital.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (48) DATE->NUM, NUM->DATE, ->EXCELDATE, EXCELDATE->, DTDIFF - Dave Britten - 05-15-2014 11:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)