Speed of HP-15C LE - and it's capabilities
05-14-2014, 02:12 AM
RE: Speed of HP-15C LE - and it's capabilities
(05-13-2014 08:20 PM)Jeff_Kearns Wrote:  I am always amazed at the incredible ingenuity of current and former forum contributors in solving puzzles and mini-challenges, and the various programming techniques used. I would like to tackle the various problems in the Project Euler website one day to see if the HP-15C can handle them all.

I'm pretty sure that the 15C wouldn't be able to handle them ALL, as I recall doing at least a few problems that required a pretty substantial* input data set, or some kind of string manipulation.

However, I'd also wager that a very large percentage could be tackled with a non-alphanumeric programmable, as most of them center around finding an algorithm that performs much better than the obvious brute force approach.

(*Substantial for a 15C, at least, unless you want to devise a way to stream-process 10+ KB of manually keyed data. A 41C with enough extra hardware could probably get a lot closer to the "all" mark, and I'm pretty confident the palmtops would have little trouble if you can handle entering that much code on the tiny keyboard.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Speed of HP-15C LE - and it's capabilities - Dave Britten - 05-14-2014 02:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)