41CV won't turn on after reassembly. Did I kill it?
05-10-2019, 11:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2019 11:37 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: 41CV won't turn on after reassembly. Did I kill it?
(05-10-2019 11:14 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Is it safe to squirt that stuff into the dome like that and essentially let it stay in there and potentially coat the surfaces? It wouldn't leave any harmful residues on the contacts, would it?

Totally safe, and in fact it is recommended to leave some DeOxit on the surfaces that will make contact, so it's more than just a cleaner, it also helps to make/retain good contact. Best not to leave a pool inside as advised above, but no need at all to try to remove it all.

It's available on Amazon, eBay, all the places you might expect. For example:

https://www.amazon.com/CAIG-Laboratories...B0002BBVN2

DeOxit Red is recommended for cleaning as being discussed here, but there is also DeOxit Gold (more expensive) for truly troublesome contacts. Some folks recommend cleaning with Red then treating surfaces with Gold, but I've never found a situation where Red didn't do the job.

The small bottle it comes in seems pretty expensive, but a little bit goes a long way, so it's really not bad at all.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 41CV won't turn on after reassembly. Did I kill it? - rprosperi - 05-10-2019 11:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)