Beginner - getting info out of function application
04-28-2019, 02:25 AM
Beginner - getting info out of function application
I have been using calculators from the hp48-series for some time. I started using a hp48sx when studying engineering at university during the early 90's. However they are not sold anymore so I thought that I should enter the new era and buy my son a hp prime (of course I had to test it for myself as well).

It is very fast, however......

When I graph functions on hp50g and search for, for example, the intersection of two functions, the result is placed on the stack. If I use the numerical solver the result is placed in the solved variable. This makes it extremely easy to use the results in later calculations. Even better, if I enter a function in the solver it will be the default when graphing. (The solver was even better on hp48sx since it was very easy to enter guesses, values for variables etc.)

I can't find anything even remotely like this on hp prime. I have a hard time getting the root, intersection etc out from the function application. It seems like the fastest (only?) way to do it is writing down the results on a piece of paper and then enter the value when it is needed (not what I would call progress!).
In the solver I use copy-paste, which is not fast.

Are there any better ways?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Beginner - getting info out of function application - Erik P - 04-28-2019 02:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)