Best software for drawing diagrams?
04-09-2019, 03:39 PM
RE: Best software for drawing diagrams?
(04-08-2019 07:20 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  If ASCII art is sufficiently detailed to portray your images,

ASCII art borderlines on sufficient for what I need to do. The problem is that it's very cumbersome.

Quote: then consider using this website, which provides a dedicated draw program for creating ASCII art, with objects (squares, arrows, etc.), an eraser, text boxes, etc. It's much easier to use than explain as I've not seen a tool like this before.

http://asciiflow.com/

Thanks for the tip Smile I had already tried asciiflow a while ago and I didn't like it. The best ASCII art editor that I could find, in my opinion at least, is JaVE .

Quote:When you later upload you 'art' you should sure to either wrap it in code blocks, or manually select a fixed-pitch font to preserve the uniform character width so the images retain their fixed columns.

I learned this the hard way when I first started writing the article Smile Non-breaking spaces are also a must Smile

Quote:Not as good a result as a dedicated drawing program for sure, but it is free, trivial to use and easier to paste into posts than inserting image files.

Thanks for the info! Smile

Regards,

Jonathan

Aeternitas modo est. Longa non est, paene nil.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Visio pricing options - striegel - 04-09-2019, 09:16 PM
RE: Best software for drawing diagrams? - Jonathan Busby - 04-09-2019 03:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)