Best software for drawing diagrams?
04-08-2019, 03:47 PM
RE: Best software for drawing diagrams?
Hello!

(04-08-2019 03:10 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote:  I need something in which one can fluidly and easily manipulate a combination of block diagrams, arrows, mathematical symbols, and other miscellaneous graphical constructs.

For this kind of stuff I normally use a presentation program (which would be Keynote on the Mac or iPad, otherwise Powerpoint or the equivalent in OpenOffice or libre office). It has very powerful tools for creating diagrams, annotations, symbols, free-hand drawing, etc. Furthermore the result can be exported in a number of different formats.

But if you require truly scalable graphics in good quality (e.g. in ".svg" format) you will probaly find a dedicted program more useful. Like Adobe Illustrator or similar, but they tend to be quite expensive and require a lot of getting used to.

Regards
Max

NB:I made the diagram below with one hand - so to say - using Keynote while I was typing the text above with the other hand.

[Image: SampleDiagram.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Visio pricing options - striegel - 04-09-2019, 09:16 PM
RE: Best software for drawing diagrams? - Maximilian Hohmann - 04-08-2019 03:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)