Custom Menus on High-End RPL Machines
04-03-2019, 03:42 PM
RE: Custom Menus on High-End RPL Machines
(04-03-2019 10:34 AM)Raymond Del Tondo Wrote:  AFAIK it's the other way round. The 42S had been developped before the HP41CV Emulator card.

I think I somewhere read about how Frank Wales and others from Zengrange went to Corvallis for the project.

I'm not exactly sure where I got that thought, be it either from RCL20, or Frank's web page, or in mails which we exchanged back then.

Oh wow, you're right, about 2 years before the emulator, not at all how I seemed to recall things. Memory is a funny thing...

(04-03-2019 12:53 PM)Giuseppe Donnini Wrote:  
(04-03-2019 10:34 AM)Raymond Del Tondo Wrote:  I think I somewhere read about how Frank Wales and others from Zengrange went to Corvallis for the project.

Exactly! Here's an excerpt from a transcript I made of Bill Wickes' talk in Philadelphia on November 11th, 1990 (warm thanks go to Jake Schwartz for sharing his video collection):

Thanks for sharing that Giuseppe! There are also printed materials for that 1990 conference in Jake's splendid collection, including a Wickes presentation on vectored Enter, etc. but this seems to have been a reply to a question, so the video is the only record of that; I'm glad you watched it and made a transcript.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Custom Menus on High-End RPL Machines - rprosperi - 04-03-2019 03:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)