Least expensive means of loading module ROMs into a 41?
03-26-2019, 02:19 PM
RE: Least expensive means of loading module ROMs into a 41?
(03-26-2019 01:09 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  I currently have a 41CV, along with Math/Stat, Advantage, and X-Func. What's the cheapest option for a casual 41 user to experiment with different module ROM images? Is there anything currently available in the sub-$100 range that would allow loading a few ROM images (even 4 would probably be enough), and maybe provide X-Mem? The 41CL is really cool, but far beyond my needs (and budget justification).

Or should I just buy i41CX+ for my iPhone? Smile

The cheapest one is for sure the i41CX+ from Antonio Lagana.

It will allow you do to your experimentations, the only draw back is the flat keyboard of your phone.
I have been using it for year and it has allow me to do the same things I do with my MLDL2K Card reader unit, Clonix/NovRAM modules or 41CL boards.

Next on the list is the Clonix/NovRAM modules from Diego Diaz.

The Clonix modules allow you to store ROM images in them and the NovRAM modules extend the Clonix design by adding RAM allowing you to use HePaX modules.
More costly than software only solution but it can be used on all HP-41C/CV/CX calculators.

Top of the line is the 41CL from Monte Dalrymple.

Replace the original motherboard and can only be installed in HP-41 full-nut calculators.
Has all the ROMs built-in, plenty of RAM, is upgradable, can run at 50x speed, follow the web link to get the details.
The most costly of all the solutions but also the most powerfull.

Sylvain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Least expensive means of loading module ROMs into a 41? - Sylvain Cote - 03-26-2019 02:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)