Display in bad state on stored 48G
04-19-2019, 03:42 PM
RE: Display in bad state on stored 48G
Finally, yesterday I received the new polarizer.
This time I ordered the right type, a linear one.
With the linear I can find the right orientation with the adhesive side facing the display.
It's 10cm x 10cm. The display is about 6.4cm x 3.9cm.
So, it has enough material to twice tries, which was good, as it turned out to be not so simple to make straight cuts and produce exactly four right angles (one is for free, still have to do three). One of the main dificulties was to make the marks to guide the cut. Ballpoint pen isn't the proper way, but i don't have other type.

Yesterday the first try was a fail, so I decided to try again today, with daylight it's better to see Smile
The final result was pretty fair in my oppinion. It's a little bit yellowish, but its much better now!
Now it can be used again!

Thanks for the messages and the help!

PS: The number in one of the images is the actual available memory, as I mentioned before, this calculator received a memory upgrade several years ago, and it has 128k of main memory, plus 128k of first bank attached, plus five 128k banks. It used to have some libs installed, games and utilities, but it has been a while since I took out the batteries. I don't recall where I put the cable, so I probably will have to build another one to transfer it again. But that would be another post. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Display in bad state on stored 48G - schuh - 03-20-2019, 12:20 PM
RE: Display in bad state on stored 48G - schuh - 04-19-2019 03:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)