Display in bad state on stored 48G
03-21-2019, 02:23 PM
RE: Display in bad state on stored 48G
Thanks all for the help up to here!

Yesterday I opened it again (it has been a while since last time, when performed the memory upgrade). I didn't get to the display yet, I plan to try working its surface, before to declare it needs replacement. I think would be happy if I could just remove the crap out of it, even losing the anti-glare feature.

If it's beyond repair, I'll have to find a replacement. However, it seems there's no display for sale anywhere. I use to buy parts for my projects from aliexpress, ebay and mercadolivre (our ebay equivalent in Brazil). But this display, even being a fit for several models, isn't available, which surprising to me, since display and keyboard are the parts more likely to get damaged! It seems HP doesn't want its calculators to be serviceable, and sadly no other manufacturer got attracted by this market.

I asked a couple of repair services here (one provided by Jlouis) if they have spare display for sale, but I doubt.

Also, it's a pitty I couldn't find any deffective compatible calculators, except display deffective. I'm personally against to jeopardize a working machine only to get a part, but it seems I may be out of options soon... hope not! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Display in bad state on stored 48G - schuh - 03-20-2019, 12:20 PM
RE: Display in bad state on stored 48G - schuh - 03-21-2019 02:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)