Understanding CAS variables
03-07-2019, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2019 11:15 PM by HuangDangDaniel.)
Understanding CAS variables
I recently switched over from the TI NSPIRE series to the HP Prime and for the most part have been finding it a very similar experience. However I've been having issues with the variable system of the CAS environment, which may be due to a misunderstanding of how to use it, or a conflict with other apps. Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about:
[Image: IMG-20190307-113841.jpg]
So to summarize the photo:
entering something like:
e^a [enter]
returns 1
as would e^(a+b), but e^g returns e^g
All of my variables when viewed in the memory manager are listed as (Real). I've tried purging the variables but get the message "no such variable a". I've also tried resetting the variables with mem->User Variables -> reset, but that gives the same result. Also, I did notice if I do solve(a^2+a*b-1 = 0, a) it returns {-1,1}, so solve seems to work correctly.

I have an equation library app (EE Library) installed that contains a ton of variables so is the issue related to the App defining all variables including the standard single letter ones or does resetting them all redifine them as = 0 and I'm just using the variables wrong?

Semi-Related question: Is there a way to quit out of apps like on the NSpire where ctrl-w or esc would usually quit? I noticed whatever the last app i had running the name always stays at the top, so does this mean its running in the background/ still has control of things like the variables when i go back to CAS?

Thanks in advance for any help you can Provide!

Edit: link to image since the embedded image seems to not be working
https://ibb.co/zN6vTBg
Edit 2: fixed embedded image
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Understanding CAS variables - HuangDangDaniel - 03-07-2019 06:25 PM
RE: Understanding CAS variables - Han - 03-07-2019, 08:59 PM
RE: Understanding CAS variables - Han - 03-15-2019, 05:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)