Disabling HP65/67 card reader write protect
03-08-2019, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2019 01:03 AM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: Disabling HP65/67 card reader write protect
(03-08-2019 12:47 AM)Don Shepherd Wrote:  
(03-07-2019 11:11 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  Hmm, I get Error every time. Then again, I'm not using a cut-down magnetic card, but a strip of thin cardboard cut to the same width and 45° angle at the end. It seems to be a bit thicker than a magnetic card, maybe that's the problem? I am reluctant to cut an actual magnetic card because I don't have that many, and, well, just because. Smile

(I have verified that the card reader reads and writes uncut cards, so that's not the problem.)

Well, I can only vouch for the modified mag card, that worked for me.

OK, I took a deep breath and cut an actual magnetic card, and tried with that. It went in a lot farther than the cardboard strip before encountering resistance, and I was finally able to get a write-protected card to pass through without Error. Progress!

Unfortunately, the re-written card still gives me Error when I try to read it back. Could be the card itself has gone bad, or maybe I just need to experiment some more to find out exactly how deep the cut-off card should be inserted. Enough for today; to be continued...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disabling HP65/67 card reader write protect - Thomas Okken - 03-08-2019 01:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)