Disabling HP65/67 card reader write protect
03-08-2019, 12:47 AM
RE: Disabling HP65/67 card reader write protect
(03-07-2019 11:11 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  
(03-07-2019 10:41 PM)Don Shepherd Wrote:  I've never opened mine either (gummy wheel fixed by someone who knows what they are doing). As I recall, I just inserted the 45 degree angle card maybe .5 inch into the opening on the left side (until it was gripped) and then tried to write the card inserted in the right side, and that worked. You may need to experiment with +/- .5 inch if it doesn't work the first time, but my memory is that it worked really well without a lot of retries.

Hmm, I get Error every time. Then again, I'm not using a cut-down magnetic card, but a strip of thin cardboard cut to the same width and 45° angle at the end. It seems to be a bit thicker than a magnetic card, maybe that's the problem? I am reluctant to cut an actual magnetic card because I don't have that many, and, well, just because. Smile

(I have verified that the card reader reads and writes uncut cards, so that's not the problem.)

Well, I can only vouch for the modified mag card, that worked for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disabling HP65/67 card reader write protect - Don Shepherd - 03-08-2019 12:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)