Thread Closed 
Plummeting insect numbers threaten collapse of nature
05-08-2019, 02:02 AM
RE: Plummeting insect numbers threaten collapse of nature
(05-08-2019 12:46 AM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  I'm surprised you're surprised. It's a serious topic, as serious as it gets. Try lightening the mood at a funeral by cracking some jokes, and see how well that goes over.

Hmmm. You may have accidentally discovered the source of my problem here, namely, it's an occupational hazard. Believe it or not, my job actually includes lightening the mood at funerals, by reminding people of their faith in seeing loved ones again, and of the joys of heaven, and all that kind of thing. It helps bring some consolation to the bereaved. To date I've had no complaints about that. But you're right that it's not properly done by joking around, because that can come across as not recognizing the seriousness of the topic, which of course is not the case... anybody with a brain knows that this topic is serious. Nor do I ever want to mock anybody's pain. Hmmm. Lots for me to ponder here, for which I thank you.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plummeting insect numbers threaten collapse of nature - Joe Horn - 05-08-2019 02:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)