Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions.
02-18-2019, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2019 07:48 AM by grsbanks.)
RE: Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions.
(02-17-2019 11:11 PM)TheLastMillennial Wrote:  grsbanks, you bring up an interesting point, although I never had any battery issues with the (wired) keyboard and my CE (which had 1,200 mAh), do you know if the Prime is really that much more power hungry when it's connected to something like the keyboard? If so, how do you know this? I thought there wasn't much development in the USB sector.

I wouldn't be able to quantify it precisely but it just stands to reason. The keyboard has to get its power from somewhere, and that somewhere is the USB host that it's connected to.

The Prime actually has a larger battery than the CE at 1,500mAh for the G1 and, I think, 2,000mAh for the G2.

What I do know is that a keyboard's typical power requirement is in the 50mA range. It'll be less than, for example, the screen backlight for the CE or the Prime but it's not insignificant.

If you want to use a PC keyboard with your calculator, that tells me that you're not out and about (do you really want a 102-key keyboard in your backpack?) but rather at your desk. This being the case, you'll probably find it easier to use the Virtual Prime through the ConnKit to develop on and then transfer stuff to the physical Prime once you're done.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions. - grsbanks - 02-18-2019 07:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)