Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions.
02-17-2019, 11:11 PM
RE: Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions.
Man, I had no idea the HP community was so active, I love it!

Thanks for that information Tyann! For some reason it didn't even occur to me that the touch screen could be useful in programs.

Guenter and pier4r, that's great! I'll get Notepad++ downloaded and use that utility!

Thanks for clarifying pier4r, I agree that there's definitely a lot more speculation about what you could do with C than people actually doing it, but isn't that true with every language? It's easy to speculate, but it's hard to actually do it. Tongue
I linked those programs that I didn't write as examples so you wouldn't have to search for them yourself, I'll cut that down to just programs and things I've done though. (That picture utility is my work however Smile )

Why do I want to get a keyboard connected? My main reason is what Stephen said, having a qwerty keyboard to work with. I know I'll eventually get use to the ABCDEF layout on the Prime like I did with my TI 84 Plus CE, but since everything on the Prime is ASCII based rather than token based interface of the TI 84 lineup, it would be MUCH more useful to have a qwerty keyboard to type commands in rather than trying to use the keypad or find the command through all the (sub)menus. It'd also be fun to use in programs and very useful for using the Notes and on-calc programming features.

grsbanks, you bring up an interesting point, although I never had any battery issues with the (wired) keyboard and my CE (which had 1,200 mAh), do you know if the Prime is really that much more power hungry when it's connected to something like the keyboard? If so, how do you know this? I thought there wasn't much development in the USB sector.

Cemetech | YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting a keyboard to a HP Prime G2? And other questions. - TheLastMillennial - 02-17-2019 11:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)