[WP34s] Regularized incomplete Beta function
05-12-2014, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2014 07:57 PM by Dieter.)
RE: [WP34s] Regularized incomplete Beta function
(05-12-2014 06:58 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  In XROM, the error causes the stack to revert to what it was before the operation commenced.

I see. Probably that's due to the exit code that restores the stack after the XROM routine has finished. Obviously there are several things to consider when a regular user program is transferred to XROM. Did you also say that the stack automatically is set to eight levels? This would make things like T-replication or a simple roll-up command work differently. Is there some kind of list with all the details that are different in XROM?

My idea originally was to exit with an error message, but with the last approximation in X so that the user can decide whether to use this value or not.

Quote:I don't understand why there is the problem with 1/2 but will look into when I get a chance.

Just check the first guess for p=1/2. Is it zero? Then check the updated approximation. For p=0.5 the qf_q_Ix branch is used. The Beta function should return zero.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [WP34s] Regularized incomplete Beta function - Dieter - 05-12-2014 07:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)