RPL solver question: HP-50G vs HP-48SX
04-30-2014, 10:37 PM
RPL solver question: HP-50G vs HP-48SX
I am still very much a neophyte when it comes to RPL calculators, although I own a 48SX, 48GX, 49G+, and a 50G, so bear with me as I ask for help on this relatively trivial problem which doesn't even involve programming. I cannot find or remember how to do the following on the 50G (in the built-in TVM solver), whereas it is a piece of cake on the 48SX with the TVM feature of the Equation Library card:

An example of what I want to do on the 50G (or 49g+ which is identical) is enter an interest rate via the edit feature that is either a function of the number of compounding periods, or a simple formula e.g. '1/(a*b*c)*d', where a, b, c, and d are real numbers - and all I get is "Error: Too few Arguments" or "Invalid Syntax".

On the 48SX it is a simple procedure: Recall N to the stack (BLUE SHIFT N), calculate the value for I using classic - well almost - RPN, press the soft menu key for I%YR, enter remaining known variables via the soft menu, then press ORANGE SHIFT and the variable to solve. Voila! Intuitive enough - at least to me.

How can I accomplish the same inside the 50G FINANCE menu?

Thanks,

Jeff K
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RPL solver question: HP-50G vs HP-48SX - Jeff_Kearns - 04-30-2014 10:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)